My first re-rig with Rogue Rigging started with a challenge. The boat needed new standing rigging. The exisiting rig was rod rigging, from its previous life as a race boat. The new owners just want to day sail the boat and figured the rod was overkill for what they wanted to do. So I took on the challenge of converting the mast from rod rigging to wire rigging.
After consulting local mast building legend Buzz Ballenger of Ballenger Spars. I was able to come up with the load calculations which enabled me to redesign the mast for wire. Once proper wire and pin sizes where determined I then went about building the new rig.
The original Rod Fittings on mast before I removed them.
The new mast tangs, thru-bolts and custom machined compression posts. The compression post had to take up the space of the original rod fittings as well accomodate the proper thru-bolts.
After a good coating of Tef-Gel the compression tubes and bolts were installed.
The end result, new mast tangs ready for the new wire standing rigging.
Oh yeah did I mention, the conversion to wire from rod saved the customer $4000. Yes rod is that much more expensive than wire.